Knitting stuff and going on and on.

Monday, June 05, 2006

ARRGGGH!!!

I've been so excited to tell you about my newest projects and now I can't even post any pictures! Blogger has been down all day and apparently it still isn't up completely!!

I'll try again later, but it may be tommorow until I can show you. So I'll tell you about it then.

Meantime, all this playing with charts and graph paper has given me a headache and another idea. I think I'll try to get this one in Knitty's Winter issue so again no pictures until I know whether that one's been accepted.

I've cast on another project that I can tell you about, but, until the purse has been finished I won't make a whole lot of progress. Check out Tit-Bits. Mine is being made with a thin worsted weight cotton from the pattern here. I threw out the label (not smart enough to keep them yet) but I posted a picture of it a few days ago. I've changed the needle sizes and am doing it from the back to the nipple. I found the increases really akward with just six stitches on the needles.

So that's the knitting stuff I've been up to.

Pictures later or tomorrow!

Buttercup, here's how I design stuff. I go to the yarn store I feel up all the yarn and pick out some I like (hope the colours go well together or you'll have to foist it off on some unsupecting kid). I grab my needles cast on and start knitting. At some point I write down what I am doing. If I don't like it, I whip out the needles and frog like crazy, scribble all over my notes and start again. Eventually I manage something I like. Good luck with your Amazing Lace. I'm sure it will turn out fabulous!

1 Comments:

  • I'm really impressed at your design ability. I can't wait to see what you've come up with.

    I think my problem with my lace shawl (for The Amazing Lace) is I don't have the confidence that it will come out OK. I have to remember - it's only wool and I do have a brain (or as the Harlot says "I dressed myself today").

    By Blogger buttercup, at 7:59 AM, June 06, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home