Knitting stuff and going on and on.

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

A dishcloth pattern and some other stuff.

The dishcloth I'm working on. I don't know if anyone else has done this pattern. I hope not since I am going to write out the pattern that came out of my head and hope it isn't anywhere else. There's a bloody lot of dishcloth patterns out there people!! Feel free to copy it and make one of your own. Please don't take the pattern and say it is yours or sell it or the dishcloths made with it to someone else. I would consider allowing people to use this for charitable purposes. Please e-mail me for permission first. Thanks!

Bernat Handicrafter Cotton or other worsted weight 100% cotton
4.5mm (US 7) knitting needles
Cast on 40 stitches. (I used the provisional cast on method.)
Rows 1 - 10 - K10, P10, K10, P10
Rows 11 - 20 - P10, K10, P10, K10
Rows 21 - 30 - K10, P10, K10, P10
Rows 31 - 40 - P10, K10, P10, K10
Continue to follow pattern until square or desired length.
BO.
Wash, dry and use or give away!
Ooops. The filter between brain and fingers usually works better than this. The pattern should be written so that you are working stockinette stitch for each of the rows. If you are working the second row, you should be purling your knit stitches and knitting your purled stitches, and so on for the entire pattern. You should wind up with a reversible dishcloth that looks like a weave pattern. You know, like you did out of strips of construction paper when you were a kid and your Mom said she really loved, but never actually used or hung up anywhere.
Now that I think about it though, I'm going to knit the pattern as it's written there and see what I get. Pictures another time of both patterns.


Another thing to turn into a knit. It's a hot water bottle cozy. I think I'll use a pink worsted weight wool for this with a white heart.


Now, don't tell me they aren't related!! I get total strangers walking up to me and saying "She must look like her Father!" I usually yell, "Well, I did all the work making her!! I'm mature like that.


Buy them toys if you want, they'd still rather play with the box.


"What choo on about?! I ain't chewin' on no little kid toy!"

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home