Knitting stuff and going on and on.

Friday, June 23, 2006

Sigh...

It's been one of those days. I feel like I've only managed six sentences today.

1. No taking! That's the one I say the most on any given day.

2. Give that back! This one is a given and usually goes with the first.

3. No screaming! One of the children likes to give out short really high pitched screams when wound up.

4. No running! Again with the wound up-ness.

5. No colouring on that! Everything but the paper got coloured on today.

6. Do you want to have a time out? This one goes with every single one of the above since children rarely do what they are told until you make them or at least give them an incentive to want to.

Oh, one more 7. No pushing/kicking/hitting/sitting on/ other people or that toy!

I tried to be positive on some things. Good job eating lunch without making a big mess! Thank you for sharing! Wow, you did it all by yourself! Wow, you're being so gentle with the cat! Today the no's and time outs out weighed the good jobs. Mommy was tired out. Tonight supper included a glass of a very nice Pelee Island dry white wine with a white egret on the bottle. Very nice.

Knitting suffered today. The children sensed I needed a nice break from them and they decided to wake up early. They're co-operative like that. I'm dog tired and really enjoying the bit of peace and quiet right now.

Thanks for listening.
Here's a picture of a planned "turn into knits" project as a thanks. Once I get all these done and figure out how to set up a patterns list for people to click on, I'll be putting up a few patterns from things I've made. Heck, if I get the links figured out sooner, I'll set up patterns of things I've already done sooner.

This will be done in burgundy and a very pale tan colour called mushroom. If the bead thing works as well as I hope, I'll use contrasting beads instead of buttons. I want to do two of them one burgundy with a mushroom square and one mushroom with a burgundy square for our bedroom.
I may do the one behind it on the right as full size pillowcases for my daughter in deep blue, sunny yellow, deep purple and emerald green. One of each colour to go with her butterfly curtains. These may have to wait until I come into some money so I can use linen or soft smooth linen blends for them. Although, I am tempted to try bamboo just to see how it works out with the sleeping/washing thing.

3 Comments:

  • There are benefits to having only one small child at a time. (We had two boys 3 years apart and now, 10 years later, one girl). The time you spend entertaining one child is enormous and pretty much wipes out any knitting or other personal hobby. But it's time well spent, and by default there's no fighting, no hitting, no arguments over who goes first or who gets the biggest piece or any of that.

    I remember those days well and all I can say is that it ends when the first child hits puberty because their interests will diverge radically and they won't occupy the same space or frame of mind. (I also have a theory that if your son is a couple of years older than your daughter, both will reach puberty at the same time and then you will know real chaos of a different sort. But that's just a theory.)

    Lovely pillow!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:48 AM, June 24, 2006  

  • Those types of days are so taxing!!! I does get better! Nice ideas on the pillow!

    By Blogger Martina, at 6:26 AM, June 24, 2006  

  • Sorry to hear about your day, but I can totally relate. I have two young boys and some days I'm quite certain my head will explode before my husband gets home from work. On the really bad days, I wish it would! ;-)

    I'd love to see some of your patterns -- you're very creative!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:26 PM, June 26, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home