Knitting stuff and going on and on.

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

... and now back to our regularly scheduled programming ...

The dishwasher is in and the dishes are actually washed, dried and put away before 4:00 pm!! Here they are doing the wiring and getting ready to hook up the plumbing. My baby was "helping". She's such a good little helper!


The last little bit of the plumbing gets tightened. She figured out how to turn the socket wrench just by watching Daddy! My clever sweets!!


My knitting so far. The Tit-Bit is coming along. I'm itching to cast on the baby blanket though. I made my needles and eyeballed the yarn, I took it out and set it on the table. I took this picture. My mind has been racing with ideas on what to do so this may take a while while I do some swatches to see what patterns I like best. I may need some help choosing. I think I'll post a vote when I get all my swatches done.


Next time I say I'm going to reskein 430 yds of handpainted sock yarn, SLAP ME STUPID!!!! Holy freakin' crap, it's taking forever to wind it while matching up the colourways!! AAAARRRRRGGHHH!!!!


Sam did this to himself not once, not twice, but five times! You'd think he'd learn. Sorry it's out of focus. Old camera, cat backing around the room trying to get out of a paper "crown" and maniacally laughing fool is not a great picture taking combo.

2 Comments:

  • One thing's for sure: You need a yarn/ball winder. Desperately. Me too. I mean, you don't need me, but I do also need a ball winder. More than desperately. Who do you think will be the first to get one?
    I'm still howling over Sam's pic, I can imagine him so well running through the room like a headless chicken - or cat - trying desperately to find out what the hell is going on - LOL :) Thanks for giving me such a great laugh!
    And - isn't it heaven having a dishwasher? Cheers to whoever invented it, he saved our lives! Just count the minutes you spent washing dishes that can now be used for knitting! :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:00 AM, June 15, 2006  

  • Your comment on my blog had me cracking up! Thanks! I needed the laugh.

    Then I come here and see your little sweet pea helping install the dishwasher and your crowned kitty - Thanks for making my day!

    A ball winder didn't help me with my skein for my Amazing Lace project. But maybe I can find a nice chair to use as a swift like you have...

    By Blogger buttercup, at 11:13 AM, June 15, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home