Knitting stuff and going on and on.

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Here's what the pattern looks like.

The bottom half of this swatch is the pattern as I wrote it yesterday before I added the correction. It has a line where you switch from knit to purl and a slight jog between the garter stitch lines. Very subtle. Too subtle for all the yarn fronts and yarn backs. I think I would just do a garter stitch with stockinette stitch lines in between the squares next time. On the top is a switch between stockinette squares and garter squares. I like this better. More contrast.

A close up. Just ignore the mistakes on the right, I didn't feel like ripping what I already knew was just going to be a swatch. You'll get a better idea of it if you just look at the left. I just did a 30st repeat instead of the 40 the pattern calls for, so I could (if I liked it) send it to Cynthia.


The pattern as I had intended to write it. This is too simple of a pattern not to be out there somewhere. I find it hard to believe that no one else has thought of this so I don't think I can lay claim to the pattern. Ah well, a girl's gotta believe herself to be extremely clever for a little while at least! ;-)


Another project from my wonderful gift book. It's a rag rug style bathmat. Very cute. This is already a knit so I don't have to figure out how to turn it into one. I just need to go through all our t-shirts and find out which ones I can rip into strips!


Blanket swatches soon! I plan to do some more dyeing over the weekend so I'll have some more practice at it. I plan on doing a green, yellow and white colourway. I want to try it out on two balls of a chunky weight to see how well they turn out. I have another purse idea in mind and I want to be able to felt so I hope this turns out!

Have a good one!

2 Comments:

  • You know what? If you want t-shirts, call every male family member you have, or at least their wives. You'll have enough t-shirts to knit a zillion rugs! I'm separating mine by color as they come in! :o)

    By Blogger Amy Lu, at 6:52 PM, June 28, 2006  

  • The motif that you've knit is usually called basketweave, for obvious reasons. I've played a round with it a little, and have a variation that I like. Between sections with alternating K and P blocks, work a row or two of stockinette (knit on front, purl on back. This gives a much more convincing look of a weave, but alas is not strictly reversible.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:29 PM, June 28, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home