Knitting stuff and going on and on.

Monday, July 17, 2006

A perfect way to begin a day.

A cool wind blasting through the house chasing away the stale A/C air and last night's cooking smells, the first 20 lines of my Dishcloth KAL, some coffee and some blueberries that I bought at the grocery yesterday. I can't wait until there are some fresh local ones I can buy. Yep, I said buy. I have zero interest in going out into the bush and fighting the blackflies and mosquitos for hours trying to pick my own. I only like the pretty, cute and easy part of nature.


Meet Archean Bedrock. I'm still working on the other skein. This wasn't how it was supposed to come out, but I like it. A very happy accident.

To me, dyeing is like cooking. I love to cook. I very rarely use a recipe because I just like to throw things in a pot or pan and see how it all turns out. Usually it's pretty good, but I do get the odd stinker. Same goes for dyeing. Throw your colours into a pot. Stir it up then put a little bit into a white cup. If you like how it looks in there, you'll like how it looks on yarn. The rest is a bit of work and does take time, but I like that part. I like the process of creating. Dyeing and knitting for me, is all about the doing, the creating, the journey to get somewhere. It may be just what I had envisioned or it could be something entirely different. It doesn't matter, so long as the journey is interesting.

Yesterday seemed to be all about napping. Sam came along and just plunked himself down right there. Apollo was a little confused and not sure what to do about that.


I came out of the shower to find this. Awww. It's enough to melt your heart and give you the warm fuzzies.


Tee what an interesting site you have. My Grandfather Oltmann flew the mail plane during WWII and knew many of the pilots as well as the navy and infantry men. Unfortunately, he died not long after my Mother and Father got married so I never had the opportunity to meet him.

6 Comments:

  • Were you using the food dyes for your dying? What do you find works best? Colour is gorgeous by the way!

    By Blogger Martina, at 11:33 AM, July 17, 2006  

  • I've been thinking about starting the dishcloth this time - I was going to give it a miss, but feel the need for some easy gratification!

    Love the yarn... great colours.

    By Blogger Charity, at 1:59 PM, July 17, 2006  

  • Happy accidents are sometimes the best! I love shades of red & pink too. Gosh, when I think about it ... there isn't a color I DON't like, LOL. Happy knitting!

    By Blogger Rhonda the Stitchingnut, at 2:21 PM, July 17, 2006  

  • That red will definitely knit up into something hot!

    Wendy

    By Blogger Wendy, at 7:42 AM, July 18, 2006  

  • This is too funny! I dyed some yarn a few months ago and got very similar colors, also by accident! I used wilton cake icing dye though. :-p

    By Blogger Steph, at 10:10 AM, July 18, 2006  

  • Wow, your dyeing gets better and better with every skein, these colors really rock - fantastic job! And oh, I so loved both napping pics, I actually got a heavy urge to take a nap now as well - lovely pics indeed! :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:52 AM, July 19, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home