Knitting stuff and going on and on.

Monday, July 10, 2006

I like this kind of Monday.

I had a very long curse filled weekend once I discovered that my e-course has some documents done with MS Access which I do not have in my computer and could not read until I did some Googling and some downloading, which of course didn't help because although I could now read them, I couldn't do my assignment with them. I am still very annoyed with Microsoft, but this morning a beautiful human being named Joseph came over and installed MS Office in my computer so I can now complete my course. YAY Joseph! You rock!

Then came the mail. My crappy weekend has been totally made up for. Thank you Secret Pal! You are the best! Here's the package with the sum total of my knitting accomplishments this weekend. A dishcloth.


I had to take a picture of her very clever wrapping job. I never would have thought to use gift wrap turned inside out. Heck of a lot cheaper and nicer than brown paper! I like Corn Flakes too. ;-) The package even smells tasty.


Look at the bounty. There are Dark Chocolate Treats from the Endangered Species Chocolate Company. They are the kind of delicious that makes you drool as soon as they get within 6" of your nose. There were three. The package of Juicy Fruit that made the whole package smell so good. A pretty notepad that's just the perfect size to tuck into the new portable knitting bag for pattern notes. A gorgeous postcard. Some music that is sounding really good as I write this and the beautiful yarn kit.


The yarn kit up close and personal. Isn't it gorgeous? I love the colours and how soft the Mohair/Wool is. It's a Mohair Thrum Mitt Kit from Touch Stone Manor in blues, purples and pinks. I have to wait until I get to my LYS so I can get some help from Pat on how to make these, but I can't wait to cast on!


The yarn for a new pattern I have in mind. It's hard to see in the picture, but the bottom yarns are a cream and a dark olive green and the top yarns are a dark chocolate brown and a very pale olive green. I love the idea of them in my new Evergreen Recycling bag with blue needles that go perfectly with the blue handles.


The bag stuffed and just waiting to be taken somewhere. If the pattern turns out like I'd like it to, I may submit it to Knitty so I won't post progress on this project until either it shows up in the magazine or I post the completed project. I'll see when the time comes.


In the meantime, some new yarn to dye (not the yarn kit it's just so pretty I didn't want to put it away yet). These will be dyed and put into sock kits to be sold at Northern Knits (no website as yet). I have the colourways all picked out and am just waiting for a peaceful day and some sun for drying the dyed skeins.


The blanket you ask? So little progress that it's nearly identical to the last picture I took of it.

1 Comments:

  • What an awesome secret pal you have! I've been longing to try some thrummed mittens, and that kit has a lovely colourway.

    Can't wait to see how the new colours turn out on the yarn.

    By Blogger Charity, at 10:59 AM, July 11, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home