Knitting stuff and going on and on.

Friday, June 30, 2006

Here they are!

First other knitting stuff then ...

Proof I have gone off my rocker. I am taking pictures of the t.v.

This is a t.v. show called Dragon it airs on Treehouse every day at different times. Do see why I took these pictures? Wouldn't a brightly coloured blanket made from different sized swatches be awesome?! I could practice stranding, picture making, and guage on different needles with different washable yarns in all kinds of colours. When I get enough swatches to make a blanket, sew/crochet them all together with a border to square it all up. A patchwork quilt!

Is anyone else cheap enough to hate "wasting" yarn on swatches that just sit there doing nothing but prove that you tried to get your guage right? If you are one of those people, here you go! A use for them so no more feeling guilty or resentful about guage swatching and keeping practice swatches!!

In the middle of trying to get out of the paper crown, again, a bug appeared. Small things, small minds! ;-)


... and now ...

My swatches for the baby blanket. I need help choosing which one to use. Here's the swatch that has been holding up the show. If it's this one (Swatch #1) you lovely readers like best I think I would make the blanket in one piece, but use garter stitch borders around each block to make it appear to be sewn together. Of course the entire blanket would have a garter stitch border to help it lay flat.

Of these ones, I don't like the stripes. I like the idea of it, but the brown yarn is a worsted weight and the blue and white are chunky weights so the guage would be really hard to keep consistent so ignore that one altogether.
Swatch #2 - The one colour block swatches would be alternated in one blanket at that size so it would appear to have square polka dots on a white blanket.
Swatch #3 - The two colour blocks side by side would be a bit larger but still squared off and appear in between strips of the white with a white border.
Swatch #4 - The square within a square within a square would be a repeat pattern until the blanket was wide enough and long enough to be called a blanket.

Please use the comments to vote on the one you like best and after all votes are counted, I'll draw names from a hat for two skeins of hand-dyed sock yarn to be dyed tomorrow and posted along with my Saturday Sky picture. I'll do the up the blanket the way you like and post the pattern when it's done.

I have a bit of school work to catch up on and tomorrow is Canada Day so other than my Saturday Sky pictures/sock yarn pictures, this will be my last post until Tuesday. When I draw names and announce winners!
Happy voting!

11 Comments:

  • I like swatch #1 the best, and swatch #4 second best.

    By Blogger PBnJ, at 12:58 PM, June 30, 2006  

  • I can't vote because I think they all could go together for one hell of a cool blanket. But I had to comment to ask you if you've seen the episode where Dragon learns to knit and then teaches all his friends. It's my favourite :-)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:02 PM, July 01, 2006  

  • My vote is for swatch #4, the square within a square. :-)

    By Blogger Charity, at 1:10 AM, July 02, 2006  

  • I vote for the swatch at the top of the page and maybe alternating the orientation of the the triangles colors above and below, but like Lee Ann feel all of them could make a cool blanket.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:53 AM, July 02, 2006  

  • I really like swatch #1 and #4 (square within a square)--I'm going to pick #4. (I like the two squares next to each other, too, and you're right about the stripes).

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:29 AM, July 02, 2006  

  • I didn't mean to be anonymous--sorry.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:31 AM, July 02, 2006  

  • I vote for swatch #2. I love polka dots :o)

    And thank you for the comment you left over at my blog; it brightened my morning!

    By Blogger Melannen, at 8:25 AM, July 02, 2006  

  • Swatch number 3 is my fave!

    By Blogger Martina, at 8:53 AM, July 02, 2006  

  • I'd have to say that the swatch no. 4 (square within a square within a square) is my fave of the options.

    Also, nice job on the yarn dying!

    Heather

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:43 AM, July 02, 2006  

  • I like the square within a square within a square the best, but the two colors side by side is a very close runner up. I love the colors you're using, it'll look amazing no matter which you choose!

    By Blogger Vicki, at 11:22 AM, July 02, 2006  

  • I like the top one, perhaps because it is stockinette instead of the garter stitch? However, I like garter stitch blankets also and agree with the others, the colors are great and all choices would be adorable. Mostly I am commenting because you have an interesting name :)

    By Blogger Dorothy Neville, at 7:14 PM, July 02, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home