Knitting stuff and going on and on.

Thursday, July 13, 2006

Another weird one.

It's been another one of those weird days. You know the kind that makes you begin to contemplate whether or not you are developing Alezhemier's. I've caught myself putting flour in the fridge, ketchup in the cupboard, standing by the garden wondering how to get the plants watered (there's a 100' hose less than 75' away) and looking absently for my glasses. The ones that I stuck in the neckline of my shirt. I'm going to be the Grandma looking for the glasses on her nose I just know it.

I did manage to get a few things done.

I tied up my poor sunflowers. Finally. It's only July. How come the ones in the farmer's fields stand up so beautifully but the ones in Joe Shmo's garden have to be tied up?


A new dishcloth design and the test dishcloth to write the pattern out with.


Tonight I dye a skein or two before bed and finish off an assigment while they steam. I hope. The child laying on the floor bawling and screeching about having to pick up a few crayons before bed may have another say.


In other news, the Mr. came home tonight. One out of three ain't bad. The instructor did say she hadn't seen anyone try to write three exams in two days after only a month of studying. She was impressed that he had passed even one. He got a 65.3% on one and a 45.8% on the other. He needed 70% to pass. Ah well, he can write them again after the middle of August. At least he knows what he did wrong and how to change that now.
He says "Thanks for the mojo!"

Ooh! The child just got up and started picking up her crayons! Yay!

4 Comments:

  • Oh wow, you've really been busy! I'm already looking forward to seeing more progress shots of your dishcloth, and hey, I'd also love to see the dyeing job you did!
    So sorry for the Mister - but as you said, he can have another go in August, and then he'll pass it definitely - fingers crossed!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:43 AM, July 14, 2006  

  • I've had those days. Mine usually involved taking stuff I need to fax over to the copier or stuff I need to copy over to the fax machine. Yeesh. Well, you can always be glad when they're over at least!

    By Blogger Jana, at 5:58 AM, July 14, 2006  

  • We've all had days like that, I think... Hope tomorrow is better!

    Love the sunflowers! Are they for looks, or are you planning to harvest the seeds? Sorry to hear about Mr.'s exams... glad to hear he has a good attitude about the learning experience, and is ready to give it another try.

    By Blogger Charity, at 11:01 AM, July 14, 2006  

  • ahhh sunflowers :) I WISH I had a garden so I could grow sunflowers. But "we" prefer to live downtown so i have a great view and a 20 floor walkup when the elevator is broken in 32' heat. It seems to be that kind of day everywhere (have you read the harlots site this week - poor harlot :( ) Sorry to hear about the Mr.'s exams but let us know when to send good thoughts again in August :) He'll get it next time. Happy weekend.

    By Blogger Spinner, at 1:49 PM, July 14, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home