Knitting stuff and going on and on.

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

75.6%

That's what he got on his first exam. Number one! Best kind of a t'ing, eh b'y! God love your soul.
Multiple choice, but it was one of those horrible tricky ones that has two off the wall answers and two right answers and you have to choose the answer that's most right. Thanks for the good vibes!
He has another exam first thing in the morning. Please send more good vibes.

Now, on to the knitting. You just knew this was going to happen didn't you. I finished five rows and realized that there was no way I was going to have enough yarn to make a blanket. A long narrow strip, yes indeed, I could do that. So I opened up a booklet of Afgan patterns. The widest Afgan called for 134 sts to be cast on. I had 220 sts. Holy crap! The kid is only 5 months old! If I had kept going like that, I would have had a blanket big enough for a queen size bed. Now, to try it again with a few less stitches this time.



I took a break from the blanket last night. It's the beginning of a toe. I saw this gorgeous pattern over on Dipsy's blog and loved it. I'm going to try doing the charts upside down and see if I get the same results. The Jaywalker I was originally doing with this yarn had gauge issues I decided not to keep going with it. It's summer and it's hot. If I'm going to be making socks with wool, they better be ventilated the Jaywalker isn't.



Of course this may put a stopper on knitting for the rest of the day. There's more in the dryer and the washer. How do three people get this much dirty stuff in one week?


SP, I hope you win. I nominated you for the Best SP on the SP8 blog. I wanted to say thank you and show you how much I appreciate all the beautiful e-cards, links of interest and awesome gifts. Thanks! You rock!

2 Comments:

  • Oh hooray - congratulations. Those sorts of mulitple choice tests are lousy. I'm so glad he did well. More positive thoughts heading your way for tomorrow's exams :)
    I've had the same thing happen with blankets - though this is because I seem to know a LOT of giants and have lots of requests for big blankets. Still, when you're knitting 350 across you KNOW something isn't right. Good call to take a break - and those socks ARE gorgeous. Have fun - and maybe ignore the laundry for a bit???

    By Blogger Spinner, at 2:53 PM, July 12, 2006  

  • Yay! for the exam results!

    I hear you on the blanket. After a realization like that, I would need a small break, too.

    Oy, laundry! Yesterday I folded and put away 5 loads of laundry. Can anyone tell me where the big pile on the bathroom floor came from?

    By Blogger Charity, at 10:50 AM, July 13, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home