Knitting stuff and going on and on.

Monday, April 02, 2007

Big Plans, big hopes.

First the regular life stuff. There are a whack of pictures on this post. Sorry to anyone on dial up, but it's going to take a bit.

Project Spectrum's second colour grouping began yesterday. I am looking forward to seeing much more of these colours, but from the look of things today,

it won't be tomorrow. It's still coming down out there too. At least the fire season will be delayed a little. See the creek at the bottom of the picture? It shows up every spring and disappears by the middle of summer.

We did our best to keep busy this weekend. We are all a little tired of being cooped up and getting out did us a bit of good. For those who are concerned, the car is off and the key is in Daddy's pocket.

I kept busy knitting. Can you see the pattern? Does it look remotely the same? I am finally finished knitting the squares for Cynthia and now it's time to wash and block them all, then mail them. Finally.

I also finished the Peplum for the waist of Invested. I really like this pattern. Very easy to read and to memorize. I can't wait to be finished so I can wear it. It's cold enough right now and supposed to drop again over the week.


Now, on to my big plans and my big hopes.

Today is the first day of Daffodil Month (Raise money for the Canadian Cancer Society Month) for most people and today I tell you my plans to raise money to pledge myself in the Relay for Life this year.

First plan:

Remember these? I am in the midst of trying to turn them into postcards. Apparently though it take a full week for companies to get back to someone with a price for something like this. Someday I will find a company that believes in fast, prompt service for even the little things.

Once I do get a price for them and have them printed off (I may wind up doing it myself) I am going to be putting them up for sale and donating half of the price [not the profit, the price(that's always more)] to my walk in the Relay. I will set a price as soon as I can.

There are also these. Since I am finally rested and well enough to think beyond 1, 2, ah, crap. 1, 2, ... I have gotten Hope's babies sorted and put in envelopes. I am doing up the ones for the other girls (Bustle, Joy and Chary) as you read this. I need to get some packing peanuts to protect them in the mail. My Mom also gave me some seeds from the Lupins in her backyard. They've been there for quite a while and she collected them from some that grow in a ditch down the road from her. They come up every year and require very little effort to maintain. They will multiply and if you are considering them, please check with the agriculture office in your area to make sure they are not on a banned list. Though if they were banned anywhere, I would be very surprised since they are a common garden flower. These seeds will be one of two colours. Purple or pink since those are the ones that Mom has and they do best in our area. Both the sunflower seeds and the lupin seeds are pretty organic. Neither came into contact with fertilizers or pesticides. At least not any we are aware of.

I will be charging $2.00 for each packet of seeds. You will only be getting 6 sunflower seeds or 8 lupine seeds in each packet but for most small gardens that is plenty since the older a seed is the less likely it is to sprout. If you plant these seeds this year, and none of them sprout (after they sprout, they are your responsibility to care for), I will do my best to send you more in the fall (at no cost to you, not even shipping) after I harvest any seeds I get this year. I am also going to see if I can collect some seeds from the lupins in the ditch up the road from me in the fall. ($1.00 goes to the walk, $1.00 goes to pay for the postcards.)

Then there are these. The beautiful stitch markers Kristy donated. They will be selling for $2.50 a set and all the money will be going to my walk in the Relay.


I am still having trouble getting a paypal button to work as a payment method since I am not setting up a store and I am a twit not good at this technology stuff. If I can't get it set up that way, I will get it set up as a Donate button and you can pay that way. For now, I can take orders (in the comments or email me at duchofb @ yahoo . ca and we will get it all worked out by week's end. Shipping will be combined and will be exact costs.

All items will be first come first served. Since the time shows up on all comments and e-mails, I will be using that to figure out who came first. There are 28 packets of Lupins, 17 packets of Hopes babies and 29 sets of stitch markers (individual pics tomorrow in a widget or three).

Once I get the Paypal thing set up, if you simply wish to donate, I will be accepting those too, quite happily I might add. You will need to provide an address so I can arrange for you to get a tax receipt. I hope to be able to double the amount that the top individual fundraiser did last year. She managed to raise just over $1,000. I hope to be able to raise $2,000 this year and more if I can.

So here's to Hope, sometimes it comes in fuzzy little packages.

5 Comments:

  • Oooh, I would like 1 set of stitch markers, some postcards (are they singles or sets? I need some for me and some for my SP10), and a packet of sunflower seeds for my yard. w00t!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:19 PM, April 02, 2007  

  • Here's to you and your inspiration to raise funds for such a good cause. Love those stitch markers.

    By Blogger Sue H, at 5:59 PM, April 02, 2007  

  • Now, these are definitely some awesome ideas, and they sound to me as if they're going to work out very well! You're so inspiring, and I'm sure you're going to raise lots of money for this great cause! Fingers crossed, and all the very best to you!!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:37 AM, April 03, 2007  

  • Hello

    Iā€™m interested in the stitch marker if they are still available.

    Top row ā€“ 3rd over

    3rd row ā€“ 1st set

    4th row ā€“ 2ns set

    Thanks

    Kathie Fredette
    Kathie@bktool.net

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:59 AM, April 03, 2007  

  • Wow, those stitch markers are gorgeous! I'd be interested in buying a couple of sets--the red ones fourth from the left in the first row, and the fifth ones in the third row that are sort of greenish. And mabybe the fourth ones in the fifth row that are four different colors. For 2.50 I'm tempted to buy them all!

    My email is dnatheory at gmail dot com.
    Thanks!
    -Kara

    By Blogger dnatheory, at 6:46 AM, April 04, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home