Knitting stuff and going on and on.

Monday, June 19, 2006

Bet I can make you want to visit the sticks!!

A sign of good things to come.


The store greeter. Charlie. He'll wag his body and kiss your cheeks. MWAH darling, MWAH!!


The store. Lake front. Behind that pile of wood is a bench for you sit and knit.


A real working wood stove! Sit in warmth all winter and knit by the fire. See those french doors? They lead to a deck where you can sit and look out over the lake while you knit.


Great yarns for your shopping pleasure!


You're already considering a trip aren't you?!
Hint #1; loads of great fishing and hunting in the area. The husband/significant other wants to be here too! Hint #2; the first two weeks of August (this would include any days at the beginning of the week that are partly in July) are the local Blueberry Festival. Something for the kids(husband/significant other if he doesn't fish) to do. What's stopping you? Sioux Lookout, Ontario, Canada is about a five hour drive east of Winnipeg, Manitoba and a five/four (depends on your driving speed) hour drive west of Thunder Bay, Ontario. You can also fly in on Wasaya Airways or Bearskin Airlines.
You know you want to!

Yes, this is a distraction from the lack of actual knitting content. I was finished swatching until I got another idea. Now, I need to do one more swatch before I can show you anything. I cast on a square for Keep Canada Warm, but I haven't gotten very far and I bought more yarn for Warming Grace so not much more than squares going on around here.
I also submitted my purse design to Debbie Stoller's crack team of book editors for consideration so now I wait to hear back. My fingers are going to get really crampy from being crossed for two to three weeks!

3 Comments:

  • Aaaahhhh. Summer days, knitting at the lake... Yup, I wanna go!

    By Blogger Michele, at 1:17 PM, June 19, 2006  

  • *quote*
    My first car was a 1980 Ford Pinto. I loved it because no one ever tailgated me! I really hate that!
    *unquote*

    LOL!!! Obviously it didn't blow-up! That's just about the funniest thing I've heard in a long time! Thanks!

    By Blogger Michele, at 4:37 PM, June 19, 2006  

  • Yessss, I'm certainly considering a trip to that place now! I'd sooo love to be there now, at the lake as well as diving right into this amazing yarn! Paradise!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:35 AM, June 21, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home