Knitting stuff and going on and on.

Friday, July 21, 2006

Rain, rain, come and stay ...


I know it's not Saturday, but after a month of next to no rain and a dry lightning storm, we are so happy to see this coming in.

We hope it pours for the whole day.
I don't think it will though, I saw some blue sky on the other side as I was coming back from town.

Another prize for the wonderful people who have offered to help so far. This is Johnny-Jump-Up. It's what we call Jack in the Pulpits. He's a skein of Briggs and Little Durasport (80% wool, 20% nylon about 430 yds).

Special thanks to Kay for putting up a link and the offer to send some dishcloths. Their site rocks! Go check it out if you haven't already. Order their book, beautiful patterns and easy enough for me to try and make some of it. Lace still scares me though. Well worth the money.
Thank you also to the people who have already so generously offered to knit up and send care packages.

Ambercake mentioned in yesterday's comments that the moving company could be trying to rip off my friends. We thought of that too so she is checking the traffic reports and the insurance company is filing for police reports and fire department records to make sure.
They still don't have any stuff though. If the moving company did steal it, they've already sold off a bunch of stuff or they may try to collect a "ransom" in order for my friends to get it back. Either way, my friends are going through a really rough time and getting gifts from people who care would really help to improve what can only be a bad outcome no matter what the truth really is.


I think if I get a lot of packages, I will put together little care packages and donate the extras to the local Women's Shelter to help get other women in need off to a decent start in a hopefully violence free life.
So send as many or as few as you like they will all go to help someone start a new life in a new home with a little love and caring.

1 Comments:

  • Hey Dorothy :)
    First of all - you are a GREAT friend. This is an awesome idea and definitely something that will motivate me to knit up a dishcloth (never done that before). And though you would have inspired me anyway I must say that your "double double" yarn is STUNNING! (I'm also a fan of Timmy's)
    Bing on the rain!

    By Blogger Spinner, at 2:16 PM, July 21, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home