Knitting stuff and going on and on.

Saturday, July 22, 2006

Saturday Sky, Friday Swamp

Here is my sky at 9:07am this morning. It rained most of yesterday afternoon and they're calling for more for today. Thank God. The rain helped to get six forest fires firmly under control yesterday and put out two of them. Bring on the rain!


Hard to imagine that just a month and a half ago, a pair of ducks were swimming here. They come every year and make their nest at the lake nearby when it warms up a bit.


We went for a walk when the rain stopped last night.


Look, look, look!! I actually have sunflowers coming out! If you knew what a terrible gardener I am, you'd know what a momentous event this is for me. Now, maybe I should pull out the carpet of weeds underneath them and give them a better chance eh?


Some dishcloths ready to send. More on the needles and some beautiful, generous people have promised more. This makes me so happy. You are helping to make the day of my friends and if I get enough, some women who really need a good day.


I'm off to the yarn store today to get more wool for dyeing. Another prize or two soon.

2 Comments:

  • Oh, I really love these photos, thanks so much for sharing! Lucky you for having had rain, we got a heavy thunderstorm here last night, but it certainly wasn't enough with all this dryness here :(

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:05 PM, July 22, 2006  

  • Over the weekend I made three dishcloths and a towel in "warm" kitchen colors, I'll put them in the mail tomorrow. It may take about a week for them to get to you. I'm in Oklahoma so I'm not sure how long it takes to get to Canada! Let me know if you think of anything else, or if you need more!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:09 PM, July 23, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home