Knitting stuff and going on and on.

Saturday, November 04, 2006

Saturday Sky, Grandmother's Squares

Today is looking as though it may clear a little.

They are predicting a high of -1*c/30.2*F and possiblity of flurries on one weather network and ...

... a high of -4*C/24.8*F and cloudy periods on the other. So chances are, it will be a bit on the cold side with some thin spots in the clouds and maybe a snowflake or three.

My squares for Grandmother Purl. They are getting a quick block with a cool iron and then stuffed in the mail this morning.


Thank you for the cute Pumkin card Secret Pal. Girly found an amazing number of stories in there starting with Cinderella. She was a bit cranky about not getting to get out of the car to help me open the mail (it's an outdoor bank of boxes) and the card made her smile again. She even carried it into the grocery to help us shop. So thank you for the bit of peace and joy.

5 Comments:

  • The squares are great. And the weather looks so cozy! Now that you are past the Halloween bag and the squares, what do you have going on on the knitting front?

    By Blogger Kristy, at 12:14 PM, November 04, 2006  

  • Hey Dorothy! Thanks for the comment....I guess what this time is all about for me will include taking a step back and taking a brutally honest look at me and my life. I know that I love to teach. I am pretty sure this current issue revolves around a non supportive work environment and a group of coworkers who are also extremely insecure. I obviously need to make a change...what I need to discover now is what kind of change....Wow this is a run on comment that has nothing to do with your post!

    By Blogger Martina, at 1:32 PM, November 04, 2006  

  • Cute squares. I like that they are very individual and more than just one boring color.

    By Blogger Nic, at 1:52 PM, November 04, 2006  

  • Very nice squares! Mine is turning out not as I expected, but not unpleasantly. We'll see if I still like it when it's finished. :)

    And I'm happy to hear that Girly enjoyed the Halloween card. I don't know of too many people who don't like to receive mail!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:43 PM, November 04, 2006  

  • I love the squares as well as your amazing pictures - thanks for sharing these!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:08 AM, November 05, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home