Knitting stuff and going on and on.

Thursday, August 16, 2007

Everywhere

Yesterday I got my Yarn in a Teacup Swap package. In it was this pretty little cup, my favourite tea and some very nice Debbie Bliss Donegal Aran Tweed yarn. The colour of which is perfect for this part of Project Spectrum. Now to find a project that works with the yarn. Many thanks to Lucy of Lucy Locket Recycled Her Pocket. I love that blog name.

Last night another storm blew in and I managed to capture it on the way. It was a pretty good one, but not much in the way of flash and noise. Those are the best parts, when you are inside.

I managed to get the brown and green thing ripped and rewound but, rather than cast on to reknit the bag, or finish any of the eight other things on the needles, I cast on for this. It's a narrow scarf/headband type thing using the Milanese Lace stitch from Barbara Walker's Second Treasury. You can see it more clearly here.

Of course I cast on the scarf after I went through my entire stash seeking all of these for a little bee I got in my bonnet. Apparently the bee moved on and I am now proudly displaying a Hefty bag full of Super 10 mercerized cotton just for kicks. The bee left the pattern idea behind though so it's all good.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home