Knitting stuff and going on and on.

Wednesday, August 15, 2007

More shiny things and a green and brown thing.

Two days before I found out about BeadFX I found out about Artbeads and placed an order. Pretty, shiny, and the perfect colour for something I have in mind. One dollar shipping to Canada and no minimum order? Sold! Today it arrived. I really love it when people do up their orders so nicely.

I love it more when the order is sparkly. Hopefully the pattern idea works out and these make it just so, you know?

The green and brown thing. I love the base, I love the stitch pattern in the body (I think it would look much better on smaller needles though). The yarn and the stitch pattern are as perfect for each other as I had hoped.

Once the base is sewn to the body, it looks like crap though. I don't like them together at all.

I'm going to use this stitch again, just not for this bag.

Even the wrong side has a bit of extra interest done this way. The stitch pattern is ; Row 1: K1, P1 to end - Row 2: Purl. Repeat Rows 1 and 2 until long enough. Very simple and for those who don't like to purl, Row 1: P1, K1 to end - Row 2: Knit. I think. Don't take that as a guarantee though since I never actually tried it, it just seems like it should work that way.

Now, I gotta go pick apart the green and brown thing so I can knit it again on smaller needles with no separate base.

2 Comments:

  • i didn't think it looked like crud, but you have to be happy. go make flash and noise.

    By Blogger IHateToast, at 1:45 AM, August 17, 2007  

  • Hi,

    This is reno from shootmyblog.blogspot.com

    I just wanted to inform you about a brand new project called "to link to".

    You can participate if you want

    www.tolinkto.com

    Best regards !

    Renaud

    By Blogger Unknown, at 2:06 AM, August 17, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home