Knitting stuff and going on and on.

Friday, November 09, 2007

Not Much on the Go Today.

I have finally gotten off my slacker behind and am blocking my Changing Lace scarf. It's not quite this dark in real life.

The pattern has really opened up while the scarf is wet and the Noro Silk Garden has softened considerably. It is much more like I expected a wool/silk blend to feel now, than it was before washing. I think I could actually like the stuff now. Pattern once I get some better photos of it.

I got this far with the Skull Hat before I decided that I should really try things like cleaning and/or folding stuff.

More snow fell last night and this morning is even more wintery although still not horribly cold yet.

The trees do look pretty with real snow on them. That canned stuff for Christmas trees just doesn't quite capture the effect.

Now off to do more of that strange cleaning thing. There may also be some folding. What a brilliantly exciting life I lead.

Oh, if you are good with the words and want some gorgeous yarns, head over to Suzanne's blog and try to stump her with your incredible smarts. Leave a word she can't define or doesn't know in her comments to be entered into the fray.

If you don't care about yarn, but like word games, why not give Free Rice a try. For every word you get right they will donate 10 grains of rice to someone in need. Warning! It's extremely addictive and may have you using big words every now and then. I had to go there to get the link and ended up playing for a while.

6 Comments:

  • Hey, send some of that winter weather down here, if I have to face another 75 degree day in November I am going to pull my hair out!

    By Blogger Hoban Family, at 4:42 PM, November 09, 2007  

  • beautiful views! It was hot here again. I'm ready for a nice cold blast.

    By Blogger Sarah, at 4:48 PM, November 09, 2007  

  • More snow! My very favourite thing to wake up to.
    Congrats on the 2nd job - sorry I missed that yesterday.
    Thanks for the links -- I'm heading to them now.

    By Blogger Miss Scarlett, at 11:11 PM, November 09, 2007  

  • Ack - I have been playing since I followed the link.
    I donated a couple thousand grains of rice! Thank you so much for the link. I am going to share this.

    By Blogger Miss Scarlett, at 11:32 PM, November 09, 2007  

  • folding? folding's for the weak! piles. piles are very in this season.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:53 AM, November 10, 2007  

  • Your knitting is amazingly beautiful as always! I love the scarf, and yay for the fact that the Noro softened up! When I first knit with it, I was, like you, quite surprised that it so didn't feel like a silk/wool blend - but when it got wet, it softened up too!
    The cap is going to be ultra cool too - and thanks for sharing the snow pics! Hah - we have more, we have more!!!! When I remember last year, you were almost buried in snow while we didn't get any of it, this year it seems to be much different. There's not a lot of it in the city, but the villages in the mountains here are drowning in, like, 2 meters of snow these days. Argh!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:26 AM, November 14, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home