Knitting stuff and going on and on.

Saturday, July 29, 2006

All kinds of stuff today. Knitting too!

First my Saturday Sky picture. It's going to be a nice one. I'll finally get that dyeing done and be able to show the prize I had planned to show Wednesday and never managed to get dyed. Slacker that I am.


My Highlight for Hope. It's a weave so it should last about 6 - 8 weeks before my hair has grown long enough for it to start looking weird. I've been wanting to get this since I first told you about this new charity and this is the first chance I've gotten. Funny how living keeps getting in the way of life, eh?
Kelly Ruberto is the founder and she still hasn't gotten a webpage so I don't have anywhere to link to. The whole premise is that you get this weave, and half of the money goes to Cancer Research. Pink is the only colour you can get, but it comes in straight, wavy or curly. You can have it cut to the length you want. If you want one, talk to your stylist. I have Kelly's e-mail so I can get in touch with her and pass along names of stylists and they can talk and make arrangements to set this up in your favourite salon too. duchofb at yahoo dot ca


My Paton's Cotton Top face cloth. So soft, so nice, so discontinued yarn. Damn it!


Another dishcloth. Bernat Handicrafter. The basics:
I'm using 5mm (US 9) needles.
Cast on 44, Knit 4 rows,
**Row 5: K4, *YO, Sl 1, K2tog* repeat * to * to last 4, K4
Row 6: K6, *Sl 1, K2* repeat * to * to the last 5, Sl 1, K4
Row 7: K4, *K2tog, YO, Sl 1* repeat * to * to last 4, K4
Row 8: K5, *Sl 1, K2* repeat * to * last 3, K3**
Repeat ** to ** until you're about 1/2" from desired length.
Knit 4 rows then Cast Off.


I really have to get this book. So much inspiration in here! I might even give crochet another go so I can make some pretty edgings or little decorative touches.


The best for last. Do you know who knit and sent these for my friends? Kay Gardiner! The Kay Gardiner!


I had to take them around and show them the whole place. Warshrags, in my house! How cool is that!

2 Comments:

  • Oh, thanks for sharing that pattern, will have to try it out soonest possible - as soon as I can knit again without drowning in sweat, that is! I'm sorry that I'm so late with the dish-/wash cloths, but I can't for the life of me knit during the day over here, and in the evenings I've been screaming and swearing at my tank top - it seems to be a baaaaad knitting time for me these days :(

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:28 AM, July 30, 2006  

  • Nice effect with the dish cloth you are working on! I like the way the purple and white are mixing together. Not entirely unlike Turkish stitch.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:32 AM, July 30, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home