Knitting stuff and going on and on.

Saturday, November 04, 2006

Knit Mitt Kit Swap Questionnaire

What are your favorite colors? Blues and Greens are my favourites but I also like purples, reds and pinks for things not near my face. Red hair and pink complexion and all, you know.

Are you a new mitt knitter? How long have you been knitting mittens? I haven’t knit a pair yet. I have started a pair of thrum mitts that I received in another swap, but things keep getting in the way of finishing them.

Do you prefer solid or multicolored yarn? Both, I’m not choosy about mitts. As long as they are warm.

What fibers do you prefer in mitten yarn? I was blessed with very busy sweat glands on my hands so they need to be a warm, absorbent natural fibre.

Where do you usually knit mittens? I usually knit at my house, although I am not afraid to knit in public.

How do you usually carry/store small projects? Things are stored in plastic bags, duffle bags and cardboard boxes or on top of my computer desk right now. I do have a small fabric bag to carry small projects from here to there, but I love bags so the more the merrier.

What are your favorite mitten patterns? The easier, the better right now. I do prefer a long cuff on mittens since it gets pretty darn cold up here.

What are your favorite mitten knitting techniques? My sewing sucks so in the round is best for me.

What new techniques would you like to try? Colourwork in the round.

What are your favorite needles for knitting mittens? I prefer DPN’s for knitting in the round.

What are some of your favorite yarns? I just got my hands on some Malabrigo and that is some nice yarn. Anything that is soft and warm will make me a very happy woman though so don’t feel like you need to get all crazy.

What yarn do you totally covet? Cha-cha and Foxtrot as seen on the SP 9 blog.

Any pattern you would love to make if money and time were no object? "The Heere be Dragone Shawl" as seen on Dave's blog. The link to e-mail the original designer is there too.

Favorite kind of needles (brand, materials, straights or circs, etc)? I have a ton of aluminum needles, but I would really love some wood and bamboo needles. Straights or circulars. I can make myself 3.25mm, 3.5mm, 5mm and 6.5mm from wood though so no worries about sending any of those.

If you were a specific kind of yarn, which brand and kind of yarn would you be? I would love to say some exotic fibre, but any one who knows me, would lean toward wool. More than likely Briggs and Little. Strong, durable and a bit rough around the edges.

Do you have a favorite candy or mail-able snack? Nuts of all kinds, dark chocolate and dried fruits.

What’s your favorite animal? Cats. Although I do love my dog and am hoping to one day get a little Havanese.

Would you prefer super warm mittens or something more like fingerless mitts? I like both. Fingerless gloves fit nicely under larger mitts so either will suit me well.

If you were a color what color would you be? Blue. Like water, I can go with the flow or erode the banks.


What is your most inspiring image, flower, or object in nature? My sunflowers. They were the first outdoor plants I didn’t manage to kill and they flourished despite my neglect and lack of will to weed.


Do you have a wishlist? No, it would be so long I wouldn’t be able to manage it.

Anything else you’d like to share with the group today? I will be very happy with whatever my pal chooses to send because I will know that it was thought out and chosen to bring me a little joy.

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home