Knitting stuff and going on and on.

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

"Walk" with me Wednesday

My Red Scarf isn't making me happy. I love how it looks, but the feel of it. Oy, it's like crepe paper. I don't know if I should continue and hope that it will soften in a conditioner wash or rip and try different yarns.

Finished one side of the purse. One more then the back, bottom and straps. Good thing it's a pretty fast knit. Too bad I have to wait until I can get more yarn for it.

Due to the temperature drop this week that has made my front door look like this all over and my perpetual weenie-ness, I have gone through my archives for pictures taken on wanders around my yarn during the less cold times.
My Tamarack in the front yard is covered with babies and buds.
A dying birch in the back yard by the service road.
Ontario's underbrush. Movies that show people jaunting happily through the woods with no interference from underbrush always make me laugh.
I switched to the new Blogger yesterday and got weirded out this morning when I had totally forgotten that I had switched. It's nice to be able to see your pictures without having to hit preview, but I wish the window was a little bigger. It seems smaller somehow with actual pictures in the post instead of html code.

I've joined Project Spectrum this year and I hope to be able to go through my stash and find all my blues, greys and whites for the first two months. I'll post pictures of it tomorrow. Don't laugh at the meagerness of it. Unless I am surprised and there is more there than I thought.

Labels:

5 Comments:

  • The scarf looks like it has a beautiful texture to it. Keep going on it and give it a conditioning bath. Do you use Eucalan Woolwash? I love that stuff! I've changed my mind about many a yarn because of it.

    By Blogger Rhonda the Stitchingnut, at 8:48 AM, January 10, 2007  

  • I, too, hope the red scarf will soften up for you. It is beautiful. What yarn are you using for that? The purse is lovelier and lovelier every time we see it. And I kinda like the sunrise-through-the-frosty-window picture.

    By Blogger Kristy, at 8:59 AM, January 10, 2007  

  • Such beautiful photos as usual! I think you should definitely give the yarn you knit the scarf with a chance - I've had great experiences with quite stiff yarns that softened up considerably after hand-washing them with conditioner! It'd be so worth it as the scarf looks fantastic!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:11 AM, January 10, 2007  

  • lordy, that is one beautiful little bag you have there... the knitting pattern is stunning...

    re the volunteering... you completely read my mind. i am looking into working with refugees and helping them with english. nothing helps depression like a bit of 'thinking about others!'

    By Blogger veritas, at 6:31 PM, January 10, 2007  

  • can canadians have weenie-ness?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:57 AM, January 13, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home