Knitting stuff and going on and on.

Friday, January 12, 2007

It's shivery around here.

After the snow finished falling, we had about a foot of it. This was just a light dusting for the top.

My deer overlook rolling hills of snow. Well, one does anyway, the other has her head buried in the snow.This makes me think of a frozen lake with a rocky shore.

The trees have been lightly dusted and sit in a cozy blanket .The perfect place for a fairie bed.
I ran out of yarn. See that tiny little bit of the pale green sticking out below the dark green? That's all I have left. I would have had more, but I found a very poorly "hidden" knot while I was doing the rows below and had to cut it out an rejoin the yarn.
The Red Scarf is growing slowly. It is not my favourite knit and I have to make myself sit down and finish it. Three more feet to go. Sigh. Good thing this is for such a good reason and I like how it looks.

5 Comments:

  • Fresh snow is always so beautiful. Thanks for sharing! Argh, don't you hate it when you find those knots? It really burns me up, especially in expensive yarn. Funny how I never seem to find them in the really cheap stuff. Hmmm.

    By Blogger Sus, at 12:00 PM, January 12, 2007  

  • I'm learning mosaic right now. Making a dishcloth ... a class project. Is your's going to be a handbag? Thought I saw that. Well, I'm having an awful time knitting the Red Scarf also. I will only finish it because it's for the Red Scarf Project. Good luck with yours ... 3 feet? I probably have about the same to go.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 12:03 PM, January 12, 2007  

  • Oooh - I'm getting seriously jealous now. We've had no snow at all here so far - in fact it's ridiculously mild - I had washing hanging out on the line on Jan 4.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:28 PM, January 12, 2007  

  • it concerns me that you're not at all worried about the deer not being able to breathe!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:09 AM, January 13, 2007  

  • Amazing photos! I want snow!!!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:36 AM, January 14, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home